The new year is right around the corner, and we’re gearing up to have our best curly year yet!
We’ve got some brand new, 2018-worthy revitalization tips for curly hair, and we’re dishing it all right here!
So, let’s be real. Taming curly hair isn’t for the faint of heart. It takes effort, lots of lovin’ and a lot of dedication. I mean, “wash day” really means, it might take all day. We’re breaking down some new and revitalizing routines for Washing, drying and styling for you to try on your next wash day :).
1. Use a hydrating shampoo & a nice thick conditioner. There’s nothing like ultra hydration, to make your curls look and feel A M A Z I N G. Check out our Sulfate and Paraben Free Keratin Rich Conditioner and Hydrating Shampoo Set.
1. Wring your hair out with a cotton t-shirt or microfiber towel. This is probably my favorite curly hair saver! Wringing your hair out with a gentler material as opposed to rubbing your hair vigorously with a bath towel after a shower makes a huge difference in the shape of your curls once dried.
While supplies last we have put together a Wash Day Kit that includes our shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and a microfiber hair towel. You can get this on sale here : Wash day kit
Speaking of drying….
2. Air-dry whenever possible! Avoid heat as much as possible! Heat makes curls frizz-up, and dry them out! But, If you DO use heat…
3. Blow dry with a diffuser. Usually only about half way and then let the rest air dry. The goal is to work with your curls because fighting them or trying to do anything other than embrace their wild nature is an uphill battle.
1. Moroccan oil as a post-shower conditioner. Moroccan oil should be your ride or die! Our best-selling Royal Locks Pro Curl Cream Gel infused with leave-in conditioning moisturizer of pure Moroccan Aragan Oil is ours. Not to mention it’s best for any curl type: naturally wavy to tight curls, permanent waves, thick, thin, textured, mixed, grey, colored, or natural hair, AND
CURLY HAIR TEAM TESTED AND APPROVED!
2. Bobby pins + claws instead of elastics! Our hair just looks and feels happier when it’s not all knotted up with a hair-tie. Oh, and pro-tip: insert your bobby pins wavy side down. You’re welcome.
3. Curling wands can transform your life. So, you might be thinking your hair doesn’t need any more curl! But, sometimes if a part of your hair looks a little lifeless, wrapping a little bit of your hair around a curling wand for a few seconds can really bring it back to life!
4. Don’t forget to revitalize before your next adventure. Even the best behaving curls can benefit from a little party curl cocktail. Just l ightly spay and pat or scrunch up and watch your curls come to life and smell great for the remainder of your day! Get a bottle for your bag here: Party Curl Cocktail
I think our curls are off to a pretty great start with these new revitalization tips! If you have any tips we didn’t mention above, we’d love to hear them! Write them in the comments below 🙂